Saturday, September 28, 2013

Next to Last Ever Breaking Bad blog!




So unless something unusual derails me from the 11:00pm encore showing tomorrow night (I will be on the road during the first show), tonight is the last night of Breaking Bad questions.  By Monday, everything will be answered.  It is a great story, but I think what has made it so exceptional is that it has always kept me guessing.  I am not sure that ever quite knew where it was going and it always kept me coming back to see.  I remember back in 2009 when I was flipping through the channel on our 13 inch "dorm room" TV upstairs and I caught a piece a re-run from the first season.  It was the part where Jesse tries to melt the drug dealer body in the tub instead of the plastic container that Walt told him to use and the half acid melted body falls through the ceiling.  I was hooked from there on.  I remember the episodes that kept me up for hours just trying to absorb what happened.  My favorite of these were Hank's shootout with Tucco, the bomb on the turtle, and Hank's shootout with the brothers.  I remember watching the end of the fourth season and seeing the "lilly of the valley" plant by Walt's pool at the end and the hair actually standing up on the back of my neck.  All this past week I have been occasionally watching the past episodes as they have aired them in order (I was finally able to see the one pivotal episode I somehow missed, which was Walt watching Jane die) and I could not be struck by how everyone's life has been completed ruined.  It started with the nice janitor that got fired in the second or third episode and it has progressed through the entire cast.  No one has escaped it.
 
But now it is over.  And by the way this last part of the fifth season has gone, I am ready.  The story needs to conclude.  It has gotten just too dark and hopeless now for any kind real plot turns to be left.  After Andrea was killed like that last week, there is just not much hope left.  They don't even show stuff like that in movies.  What happens tomorrow night is just going to be the epilogue.  No one is "getting away" with anything now.  Everyone (including me) hopes for Jesse to be saved somehow, but I am not sure it will happen.  If Walt does save him, it will be by accident, I don't think there is anything left to be redeemed. We'll find out soon enough.  I guess the show really has followed through, I am still guessing, all the way to the end.  But I do stand by my ricin prediction (let the record show it was made like two years ago).....somebody's gonna get it!   

No comments:

Post a Comment